Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Favorite

Our Thanksgiving was a wonderful trip down to New Jersey to spend at my in-laws. It is a really nice time and my parents also make the trek down. We are lucky that they have a large home so everyone has there own space and it helps make the holiday process go even better.

My mom-in-law is a really great cook and one of my most favorite things that she makes is Baked Brie. OMG, it is so yummy. Since we became preggers I have been avoiding brie since its not the best thing to eat when you are pregnant but I checked with my doctor and she said a little of the baked brie would be fine. Yippiee! Let me tell you that it was worth the wait.

If you like brie you need to try this recipe:

1/2 of 17 ounce package of puff pastry sheets (1 sheet and I usually use Pepperidge Farms)
1 egg
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup of honey (you can also use brown sugar but I think the honey is the best)
1 (13 ounce) Brie Cheese round

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature, 40 min or until its easy to handle. Beat egg and water in a small bowl, and set aside. Unfold the pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll sheet into a 14 inch square. Place the brie cheese on the middle of the pastry sheet. Stir pecans and honey in bowl. Pour mixture on top of brie cheese. Brush edges of pastry sheet with the egg mixture. Fold two opposite sides over the cheese and then fold the other two side over the cheese. Press to seal the pasty sheet shut. Brush the top with egg mixture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.

No comments: