Tuesday, September 30, 2008
We were shocked at what it means .... and who the hell comes up with crap like that.
The best is that Vix decided she would be Wonder Woman for Halloween and her husband would help her with the cape. Too Funny!!!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
"Scooch closer dear
and i will nibble your ear ....
I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
My breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what i be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue
I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours"
Cameo - me acting out "Twin Peaks" .. I keep focusing on my chest and bring my hands out to a point. The guesses are Boobs, Chest, Madonna, etc etc and finally one of my friends says point which gets them thinking the other direction and finally K yells "Twin Peaks" Yayay!!! Score points for us!!
Cloodle - BK drawing out Mr. T .. mind you he injured his right hand in softball so he has to use his left hand to draw and some how the boys get it ... oh hell ... they pulled that out of their asses.
Scuplting - Vixs tells us " No, milking the sculpture". Apparently she once got the slogan "got milk" so she scuplted breasts and began to milk them ... in front of her father in law .. god I love that girl.
The best part of game night is hanging out with some of my favorite people!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
"Once there was this guy. A nice guy really. And he met this girl. An incredible girl-truly amazing. So naturally the guy falls head over heels in love with her, and pretty soon they're picking out china patterns and rings and there's a wedding and the starry-eyed couple rides off into what will surely be a rosy future.
Okay, so now some time has passed and the guy is living in that future. He's still married to this girl, but now their life includes a lot of stuff - appliances and bills and loads of laundry and home repair projects. But between all the to-dos and have-tos, there are these moments when the guy stops for a minute and looks around him.
He looks at his wife, who is still truly amazing, he looks at their life together, all the ways and different directions its grown, he looks at the the responsibilites he's got, and he thinks to himself, so, this is my life.
And then he thinks, I am one helluva lucky guy!"
It was sweet to see what the guy's perspective is in all this ... and apparently its still great ... which is always nice to hear.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Me: Dad, do you want a cough drop?
Dad: No, its just a tickle.
(10 minutes pass of this clearing of the throat/annoying tickle)
Me: Dad, do you want a cough drop?
Dad: Is it sugar-free?
Me: No, but its a Halls.
Dad: Oh ... well I don't need one.
Seriously?!?!? You are not going to take a cough drop because it has like 1g of sugar ... I don't understand.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Anyway, he was trying on some jeans and he lifted his shirt up to show me the waist and see if I approved the fit. When he lifted his shirt up I saw his gut, which has become a little larger over the past few months. Me, being me, said "Um hun, we really need to do something about that gut. It's getting bigger". He just shrugged it off.
Then I thought if he ever said anything like that to me I would punch him in the nuts and he would be sleeping in the shed forever. Needless to say he never says anything like that when I try on clothes. Instead he says "Hun, you look great. How did I get such a sexy wife?" Oh ya, he is good!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Eeeewwww, boys are gross.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
It wasn't horrible. The time went by fast and the professor was great. The bad part was that I realized I have a lot to learn. It was very overwhelming. I need to study, study, study!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
How to tell your old while at bar:
1. I complained about all the girls in their skimpy outfits, I mean I would never wear that.
2. The music was SO loud that we couldn't talk. Thus I had to read lips and I can't. It's like someone says "How are you" and I think they say "Tacos and chips". Makes conversations interesting.
3. I cannot dance in a crowded area. I stand there and nod my head as I am body checked around the room.
4. Getting into the car to head home makes me super happy but yet I can't sleep late the next day - wahh.
When did I get old?
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Hope you have all been well. I had a fabulous week in San Diego. The flight was VERY long but once we stepped out into the sun everything became better. There was a nice warm breeze, the blue sky, palm trees all around and the warm sun. It was wonderful.
Things I like:
1. The weather. It was beautiful. Watching the weather on TV I almost took a picture. It said 7 days of sun. Just sun. No slight chance of showers, no partly cloudy, nothing but sun.
2. The hotel. I had a suite just for me and the bed was very comfortable. I was able to sprawl out with no husband or cat hogging the bed. Plus I love having a maid - it is the BEST thing ever.
3. The navy boys. So much military right there - who knew?
4. The workshops that I went to were interesting and I learned a lot.
5. Watching the Padres play the Dodgers. Petco Park stadium was really nice and much more modern then Fenway.
Things I didn't like:
1. The long ass flight. I wish first class wasn't so expensive. I have long legs and need more room. First flight was 5 1/2 hours and then the second flight was almost 2 hours.
2. Sitting in a windowless conference room with the sun shining outside.
3. Being so busy. From getting up early, to sit in the workshops, so hitting the streets to sight see.
4. Not having my husband there. It would have been really romantic to go to the ocean at night with him.
5. Listen to stupid people who ask stupid questions over and over during a workshop. Those people should be shot, hmmm did I say that, aren't I suppose to be helping people??
Here are a couple things I found out in San Diego.
1. People in CA wear scrunchies. Holy shit. FYI she is not a tourist but lives near SD.
2. The bakeries give large portions for low prices. This treat is 5 x 5 = LOVE
3. Lots of Navy.
Over all it was a really nice week but I am SO glad to be back!!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Saturday during the day we met up with some of Ed's friends and drank our asses off at Ocktoberfest. It was awesome. Sam Adam's had all sorts of draft & bottled beers for you to enjoy. The group got there early so they we able to snag a table and Ed and I showed up a little after them. It was great. We drank and played UNO but with drinking game rules. Damn, haven't done that in what feels like years.
We then stumbled out of beerfest and headed to grab some food but when we got outside it was POURING out. Damn. We waited it out a little under the tiny tent but the tent was leaking and I was hungry. We ended up making a run for it and went to the first place we saw. The food was good but then again when you are drunk ANY food is good.
Friday, September 5, 2008
When I am a huge bitch he brings me flowers.
When I am angry he will buy me a tea kettle for me to smash .. long story for another time on how that came to be.
When I go into a rage, wave my arms around and go insane he makes me feel like it is ok.
When I get cold feet about being married he makes me laugh and understands.
The best thing was this morning when I woke up I saw that he did ALL the dishes. Even the pans ... he usually forgets the pans. Happy day!!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
I hate when you hold the door for someone and then they let the next door ram in your face.
I hate when people talk on their cell phones while on the train. No one cares what you have to say so shut up.
The one thing that keeps me sane in the morning is my cup of coffee and luckily today Liz had Snickeroo. It's my favorite. It is like a snickers bar but in coffee. I love it so much and its no points which is even better, well until I add my equal and milk.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Well back story is I got her from the animal rescue league and they thought she might have been abused while out on the streets (if I ever met the son of a bitch that hurt her I would slice him from his knads to his neck) but anyway I digress.
She comes out to greet us when we get home, we play with her until she says stop (well tries to bite us) and then she lies on her little belly while we watch TV. She is a cutie although she has this annoying habit of sitting on my lap while I am on my laptop. She NEVER sits on my lap but get me typing on the computer and its like giving her a yummie (what we call her treats) wrapped with catnip. Her butt ends up on my hands and her paws step all over the keys and I some how delete whatever I was working on but then she leans into me and nuzzles into me and I melt.