Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Train Couple

We take the commuter train to work and almost every morning for that past year we would see this couple get on the train after us. The girl is very thin, cute but looks like a snob. She has the designer bags I love and a few months ago started flashing a beautiful Tiffany engagement ring - The Legacy. http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?subCategoryid=1004

I totally love this ring but who the hell can actually afford it, well apparently her fiance. Her fiance is not as good looking as her but apparently has a large wallet and tries to dress nicely. They are the snooty couple that I would see all the time, then suddenly a few weeks ago the ring was off and the fiance was not near her. Hmmmm, could it be that her ring is at the jewelers and he just didn't make that train today? Was he just out sick? Was the wedding off? Did she give back the ring or did she keep it? These are the things that race through my head.

A few weeks have gone by and I see her occassionaly still, no ring and usually alone. Although last week I saw the guy talking with her outside her office building (we walk the same way people, I am not that much of a stalker). So are they back together? Are they still together but not ready for marriage? Did they break up and having an ackward talk about the breakup?

The sad part is I will never get the answers to these questions and my last ride with them will be this Friday since my new job requires not going into the city.

Whatever happens I wish the train couple happiness .... whether it's with each other or not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that ring... I am hoping my MOH ends up with it someday in the near future. =) I get obsessed with "the regulars" of life and feel like I deserve to know the inside scoop too. Is it really so wrong if you asked her on your last day???? You'll never see her again. If you do, let me know!!

Kim said...

Do you ever wonder if we are the people that others stare at?? For example, when Peter and I go to the grocery store, do they say to each other "great, here comes that couple where the guy is always grabbing the girls ass"....?

P.S. Holly has that ring...her husband is a CPA.