Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend

This past weekend was wonderful. I wish every weekend could be a 3 day weekend. I know I am weird but I would rather work Friday and be off Monday. I just hate working on Mondays. I digress .. this is what we did this weekend:

Friday Night: Date night with hubby. For our date night we like to dress up and go to a different restaurant. A coworker recommended one, 3 Restaurant,in Franklin. It was great and the atmosphere was a cool lounge vibe. We started with their baked brie, which I loved, and split a Ceasar salad - awesome!! They have lots of seafood and I tried their Lobster Mac and Cheese. It was nice and cheesy which I like plus they do it in a half portion. I got the half portion and it was still big so I can only imagine the full size. Hubby got the Maine Lobster Pot Pie with a nice flaky crust, he liked it a lot. The have a large bar selection with lots of cool martini's. I got the 3 Cosmo but sadly was not a fan. The liquor they used just didn't mix with me. The waitress was really sweet and took it off the bill. All in all I would give the restaurant a 9.

Saturday: Cleaned up the house, got some groceries, bought new hardware for the cabinets, hubby got a haircut and my dad in law came up. The boys were seeing the Star Trek movie for the first time and they were super excited about it. It was cute to see. I didn't want to see the movie so I stayed in and watched Jon and Kate Plus 8. God, I love this show. I cannot wait for the season premiere ... what is going to happen.

Sunday: The boys went to the Sox/Mets game. It was the first time dad-in-law had been to Fenway so he was excited. Although its funny because he goes to Yankee Stadium all the time so being in an old stadium was weird. I think he likes the newer stadiums, also he is a Yankee fan so he doesn't like it when the Sox's win. While the boys were at the game my parents came up for a low key BBQ. Just as we started to cook on the grill the sky opened up and the rain came down in buckets. My poor dad was outside and came in so soaked .. even 1 hour later when I hugged him goodbye his shirt was still wet.

Monday: Watched Jon & Kate Plus 8 in the morning over coffee before heading to furniture stores. I love the show but I thought this was just too funny. On the show for 9/11 the little kids were sticking American flags into the yard and them some of them started to stick them in the concrete driveway saying "Daddy this is hard". Daddy says "Put them in the grass it is easier" haa haa. Hubby and I both burst into laughter. Also, Jon was being sweet and made a video for Kate of the kids while she was gone .. I had to tear up. Later that night we watched the season premiere and it was so sad I had to cry. Seeing them drift apart and how awkward they were at the kids b-day party was awful. No matter what happens I hope they take time out and communicate with each other .. we will see what happens.

No comments: