Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cake Aisle

I was in the cake aisle today and this middle aged man asked me for some guidance. He was holding a box of cake mix and some muffin mix. He said he made a yellow cake and poured it into a cake pan 13 x 9 but on the mix it says to put the mix into a cake pan of 8 x 8 so thus the pan is barely lined with cake mix. He wanted to buy more cake mix and was thinking of 2 boxes, mixing it all together and then baking it. I advised to only buy one more box because the cake is going to rise and you don't want it to spill over.

Then he says that he added chunks of pineapple to the cake mix and is afraid that it might be too watery. I told him with the next batch to decrease the water from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup to help with the pineapple juice.

He was super sweet and appreciated my help. Keep your fingers crossed that his cake comes out ok!

No comments: